Google+ Events and Hangouts-on-Air Are Gone, Time To Go With Business Hangouts
With the recent changes to Google+, Google has removed quite a bit of features including these ones:
- Google+ Events : They were heavily used by broadcasters to “host” their event and engage with the audience
- List of contacts built by using circles have become useless
- Hangouts on Air user interface/menu: You can’t start a Hangout on Air from Google+ any longer
- And some more challenges running them from your brand page, etc.
But don’t worry. You can use Business Hangouts for all the above and a lot more.
- Private Events for up to 1000s of attendees,
- Make it a paying event and monetize your event or your replay videos
- Collect your attendees emails, export them from BHO into your email marketing tool, or just send emails to the list from BHO
- Embed the BHO event on your website or just use the event link as an independent app
- Go beyond Google+ and allows users attend your meetings with just any email or with Facebook , LinkedIn or Twitter sign in
- Self-registered Meetings (vs. invitation only) : Have your attendees register themselves.
- E-mail centric (vs. G+ notifications): invitation emails, reminders, follow up emails are automatic and fully customizable.
- Avoid the Google+ user interface: Control how much “social” your event is. (use the event link on any social network including G+)
- Analytics: See who is watching live, who effectively attended, how much time they watched, who watched the replay …
- The Unified chat: moderated chat, drag & drop files into the chat, highlight, broadcast for Q&A
- Invite a viewer to the panel, on-the-fly, and make them participant, then return them to their seat if you want.
- Share Interactive Content: Poll, Quiz, pre-recorded Videos, Call-to-Action,…
During the cyber week, the LITE PLAN is offered for $9 instead of $19 per month. You’ll lock your rate for ever, even after the cyber week, as long as you don’t cancel. (restrictions apply).